I'm sitting here with a hot bowl of super yummy soup I made. I wish I measured things so I could give a proper recipe (Note to self...write this shit down).
So one of the reasons soup is for lunch is because I have lost my voice, literally.
I was close to losing my voice figuratively too, but that's a long story. I found my way again. That's one of the reasons I have been quiet here. I had a good long "think," like Winny the pooh (oh my god, I just quoted a cartoon bear). Moving on, It feels good to be back. It feels good to be me right now. It feels even better, to be ok with how that person is (she might swear from time to time and she might not be as poetic as she tries to be). I started out writing for my business, for my audience, what I thought you might like to hear about. I think I'm going to start writing here for me too. I think I'm going to take the self imposed pressure down a notch or three.
I want this place to be more than just food, more than just teaching. I want it to be humanizing and beautiful and connecting. I want it to be real and truthful and hopefully, inspiring as well. That can be scary for the person putting it all out there.
So in honor of putting it out there, I figured I'd tell you a little bit more about me. I don't want any of you getting any misconceptions that I'm this super, perfect healthy goddess floating around subsisting on carrot sticks and Kombucha.
- I love pizza (though it's gonna have to be gluten free from now on) and frozen dumplings from Trader Joes. I am not ashamed to say I like to microwave them sometimes.
- I did not practice self care while developing my Love your Body* Cleanse program. I stayed up very late writing and woke early to write some more. Every weekend I had my nose in the computer. No wonder I got sick and I have lost my voice.
- I can be unreasonably critical with myself. I succumb to feeling "not good enough" surrounding many aspects of my life.
- I have not been using my gym membership. I have gone skiing once and ice skating a lot (it's my new favorite) instead.
- I am not naturally patient and like my house kinda neat and have to breath and count or whatever so I don't freak out on my kids and boyfriend. I don't always win that battle.
Fortunately the training I have had and continue to receive, helps me roll with a bit more ease and forgiveness than I used to. This training has allowed me to find my passion in helping others and I have never been happier in my entire life.
We all struggle, we all falter, we all will fail, but we get up. We learn big lessons and start again. We hopefully learn to be gentle and forgiving to ourselves and to others in our lives. We talk it out and lo and behold the sun shines another day.
So yeah, Hi. I'm back. I hope you'll visit often. Say hello, comments heartily welcomed, I would love to meet you.